02 July, 2009

Plunging Forward

4thTCblnk2 Here is a bit more progress on my WIP.  I am so thrilled to say that I've been working at getting those "a stitch here and a stitch there" area's filled in.  It's sure coming together so nicely.  I imagine once I start that outline/backstitch, it'll come together even more beautiful.  I hate outlining...but with this, I'm really anxious to get started on it.  I'll probably be "eating Crow", later on!!!

011

019

It appear's that Summer has come and gone already.  Hmmmmp!  It's been downright CHILLY, and if I didn't know that it was July, I'd swear that it's been feeling more like we should be into October or November.  My ohhhh my!  I can't remember a June or even a start into July where we've not had horrendous heat and high humidity that has just lingered and lingered by now.  The weather is certainly getting stranger by the minute.  However, by this time next week, Summer will certainly make a grand entrance as we'll creep back up into the 80's again.  Ahhh-Hahhhh  Won't that make most everybody happy as can be. 

I have been keeping myself pretty much plunked down, smack dab, in front of the TV this past week.  The new's has been all over the place with the death's of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson and I've been quite captivated by it all.  Having grown up watching and listening to the both of them, it's sure sad to know their not with us anymore.  But, I believe their in a much better place now where they are again whole and nothing can ever bother them nor hurt them again.  God Bless Them!  As well as Ed McMahon and Karl Malden who he himself passed on Wednesday.  We really have been loosing a lot of "good one's" as of late. 

I hope everyone has a safe, yet fun Fourth of July weekend.  We're invited to a cookout...but I'm undecided whether to go or not?  I've become such a hermit lately, it's pathetic.  I guess it's just the part of me that is missing our Granddaughter's and our daughter sooooo very much.  Certainly does put me into a somber mood more often than not. 

Thank you so much for stopping by, and thank you too, for the lovely comment's you've left for me.  I really, really do appreciate them so very much.

Sharon

6 comments:

  1. I just love this piece of stitching. I think we have your humid weather here this week... us Brits are just not used to it! It has been a sad week, news wise, I too grew up listening to Michael Jackson and wanting to be a Charlie's Angel!! Hope you have a good weekend whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You did it!! Woohoo. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winter wonderland is coming together and such a beautiful scene it is. You'll be finished with it before long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nearer the end, and I know there are scads of backstitching left to do, but you have it done in no time, I am thinkin'!

    I sure hope you went to the cookout for the 4th, your 'girls' would want grandma to be enjoying herself, even though you can't be with them right now!!

    (((hugs))

    ReplyDelete