09 January, 2009

Summer Sampler-A Wrap

Well, even though it seems that this one shouldn't of taken too, too long to stitch, it did!  I think it was using the three strands of thread that slowed me down somewhat.  It was a tedious job having to separate THREE strands over the normal TWO.  LOL   And then stitching over two with that pile...geesh!  I won't ever do that again.  When the designer calls for three, I'm sticking to TWO!!!  LOL...She say's as she now waits for the tip of a sore finger to heel from having to use it to really push the needle through the fabric.

Here is my finished Summer Sampler.

005

028

024

019

I've already begun stitching my next piece, I've had this one kited up for what seem's like eon's already.  This is a BlackBird Design called "Something Sweet".  You can't see the fabbie color very well here but it's hand-dyed and a mix of pastel coloring, which I think goes perfectly with the colors in the design.

037

DH and I had some errands (they seem to be never ending) to run on Tuesday, and before we got started with those, we once again headed to the Lake Front.  :-)  We all know by now that this is one of my favorite places to visit.  It was amazingly gorgeous with the Ice formation's that had taken place since we where last there, about a week ago.  It was Erie  standing there, so quiet and peaceful~but every so often, you could hear the Ice cracking and breaking loose!  Here are some photo's from that day...

One of our "Errand" stops was to the pet store where we purchased a larger aquarium for our monster Goldfish.  They had been living in a five gallon tank, and we switched them to a ten gallon now.  They seem to be enjoying themselves, not having to trip over each other now. LOL  It's so hard to get a good photo of them, but here is one to share...

046

We also purchased nine more topical's for the larger aquarium...some very pretty blue guppies, which did not look blue at the store.  I think the neon overhead lighting might have something to do with that.  But, what a nice surprise to see their little fishy bodies glowing after we released them into the tank.  Another breed are some Marigolds,  with yellow bodies and reddish tails.  Can't recall offhand what the third breed is now.  But they are basically orange in color with a large black marking within the body, and this too glow's.  I used the SPORTS setting on the camera to take these photo's, but even at that-they are not very clear.

073

097

We're very close to that full moon phase, and while it was still light out late this afternoon I spotted it wayyyyy up there in the sky.

116

101

Last, but certainly not least, is a photo of an American Flag blowing in the breeze outside one of the Fire Stations.  From the position I was in, and the way it was displayed between the tree's...I felt it was just breathtaking.

109

I do hope everyone will have a very enjoyable, relaxing kind of upcoming weekend.  Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and see what we have been up to this week.

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing your summer sampler - it was well worth the effort. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are great, and congrats on your beautiful finish. I love BlackBird Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new sampler. Another one for your sampler wall.

    I almost never stitch with 3 strands like some patterns call for unless it is for better coverage or for texture. I bet your project would have looked just as well with 2 strands. Live and learn, right.

    Love the pictures of the triplets in your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete