27 January, 2009

Bent Creek

I have a new finish to share, this one called "Blackbird Sampler", by Bent Creek.  It was a quick and yet, a fun stitch.  I used a piece of 28 count linen from Silkweaver, their Solo collection-and stitched over two.  It was such a nice piece of fabric to stitch on, very smooth, and my needle just glided in and out so easily.  Now why can't all stitching fabric be like that?  Tee Hee  Here are a few pictures I took Monday evening...

014

015

016

I really do like how it turned out.  It was hard to get a good picture of my finish though-just couldn't get the right lighting on it.  But, you get the idea, right?

I even managed to get a itty bitty start on my next piece.  This one is a Whooper compared to the quickies I have been working on for quite sometime now, so it's going to be a while before I'll have a finish to share.  But, I can share progress pictures until that point.  :-)  I picked a Dimensions Gold Kit, called "A Treasured Time".  It is soooo beautiful, and I've seen other's finishes of it...it's even more gorgeous all stitched up.  I bought this kit way back in December of 1999!  And, I had bought the companion kit, I think its called Christmas Cove...at the same time.  "Michael's" craft store just made me do it, with those 40% off coupon's all the time.  Hah hah  It's nice to know though, that ten year's later, I am finally getting around to stitching one of them. 

I went "hunting" for some pictures of these designs to be able to share what they look like.  I guess I was correct on the companion kit's name.  Isn't it just funny how stitchy knowledge stays with us, but ask me what I had for supper yesterday and you'll need to give me a few moments to think about it.  Hah hah

A Treasured Time

K8569

Christmas Cove

christmascovePic1

Happy Stitching!

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Your Bent Creek is just great! Beautiful stitching, girl! Uh, and I won't ever attempt one of those Dimensions kits, so I'll just be content to live vicariously through you, OK? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish, Sharon! Congratulations! ***happy dance***
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon

    I've done the Christmas Cove one and I gave it to a close friend of mine who also stitches. I knew there was a companion to Christmas Cove but I didn't know what the name of it was. I'm glad that I found your site.

    I am going to see if I can't get A Treasured Time and do that one too.

    I love your Site...I'm going to add yours to my ongoing list of Blogs on my Site. If you want to see my Blog go ahead.

    You do Beautiful Stitching too.

    Take care & Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete