06 September, 2008

If You BUILD A House...

with needle and thread, please do be careful not to get distracted from it...such as answering the phone, getting the pets their treats, responding to DH or anyone else in the room who might be yacking at the moment, getting up for that glass of Frap, cuppa coffee, can of soda or whatever other refreshing drink, and heaven forbid, do NOT get wrapped up in the TV!!!!!

You see, I "built" myself quite a nice house on Thursday evening, on my PS "Village Sampler"~only to find out that I miscounted by ONE, yes ONE square, which at first I thought I could just fudge-it....utttttt uhhhhhh~after stitching away on the rest of the house, found that I couldn't! I ended up doing the "reverse stitch" and tearing down the whole darn house. Can we say~I felt like spitting fire? I'm still trying to figure out WHAT takes longer, stitching a section, or rippin' it out!?!?!?!?!

I'm pleased to say that I've "re-built" this particular house again, Friday evening. Whewwwww~now if I can keep up with the momentum and be as successful with the remainder of the house's in this village, I will be extremely happy.

Have a happy, stitchy kind of weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I HATE ripping out! I can imagine your pain. I'm paranoid about counting and subsequently have avoided an "major" problems. But it's a stitcher's nightmare, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a visit from the frog. Hope the rest of the houses go up without another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that da** frog stays away from your village the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,enjoyed looking at the photos of all the stiching you have done over the years.Hope the frog has left your house now.

    ReplyDelete